This Louisiana summer heat is no joke! So when you gather with family and friends you need something light and cool but of course the yummiest. This Grinder Dip is perfect for all of those things! You could also add this as a filling to some French bread for a sandwich as well.
I am loving all things seasoned with pickled pepper juice. Add in that Italian seasoning, and you’ve got a mouthful of flavor!
- 1/4 pound small pepperoni, diced
- 1/4 pound salami, diced
- 1/4 pound thin ham, diced
- 8-10 slices provolone cheese, diced
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup banana peppers, minced
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pickled pepper juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 1/2 cups finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- For serving: crostini, pretzels, pita chips, carrot or celery sticks
To a large mixing bowl add chopped meats, cheese, onions and peppers. Stir.
In a smaller mixing bowl add mayo, sour cream, Italian seasoning and pepper juice. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the larger mixing bowl and gently toss until evenly combined.
Add lettuce right before serving.
(Ashley Madden Rowton is a wife, mom and published cookbook author who lives in Minden, La.)