Claiborne Parish Police Jury Office of Community Services will begin taking calls for LIHEAP Energy Assistance. Please note the changes below as some of these are VERY IMPORTANT!!
Thursday, October 19th, 2023
9am-11am- PRIORITY ONLY – Households that include individuals over 60 years old, drawing disability,
households with children under the age of 5 years old.
1pm-3pm NON-PRIORITY- all other households that are not considered priority listed above.
Family Size Monthly Income
Please begin collecting the following items NOW!!!! (Use as a checklist).
– Current Louisiana issued Driver’s license or photo ID of EVERYONE in the household over 18.
– Social Security card of EVERYONE in the household.
– Proof of income (Social Security award letter or last 4 CONSECUTIVE pay stubs from your employer). If you are seen in 2023, we need a 2023 award letter. If you are seen in 2024, we need a 2024 award letter. You may also contact the Social Security Office and request your most recent award letter be mailed to you. If anyone over 18 has zero income, you must come pick up a form to be filled out prior to your appointment.
– Your most recent bills- lights, water, and gas/propane if applicable.
– Other documentation with your name and residence address (insurance, cable, phone, credit card, medical bill)
– Lease or rent agreement from the landlord.
If you have any questions about the process or any of the information listed above, you can call Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00 with questions and we will answer them, but we will ONLY take appointments on the dates and times above.
Rules for acceptance and participation in this program are the same for everyone, regardless of race, sex, national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, beliefs, or disability. Claiborne Parish Police Jury Office of Community Services is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Numbers to call: 1-800-870-4166 or 318-927-3557 or for TDD/TTY 1-800-947-5277 or 711.
“Equal Opportunity Employer/Provider”
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact April Childress at 318-927-3557 describing the assistance needed.