The Louisiana Housing Corporation offers a federally funded program, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), to assist Louisiana residents obtain safe, affordable and energy-efficient housing. This program may help residents with their home energy expenses by providing heating/cooling bill payments, crisis bill payment, and/or heating and cooling equipment repair or replacements.
The Claiborne Parish Police Jury Office of Community Services will be holding a call-in for residents wanting to get on the list to receive this type of assistance.
The “call-in” will take place on Thursday, June 15. For priority only, they will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. To qualify as priority only, there must be an individual in the household whom is over the age of 60, drawing disability or have children in the household under the age of 5. For non-priority individuals, the call-in will take place from 1 to 3 p.m.
According to the Office of Community Services there are still approximately 28-30 individuals on the list from the last call-in that took place in November. These individuals will be serviced in the next couple of weeks. They ask that if you are anticipating applying for the LIHEAP program that you begin gathering the required documents now.
The required documents include current Lousiana Driver’s License or photo identification of anyone in the household over the age of 18, Social Security card of everyone in the household, proof of income (last Social Security award letter for 2023 or 4 consecutive check stubs), most recent bills (electric, water and gas if applicable), other documentation with your name and address and rent or lease agreement from landlord.
- Family Size of 1 with a monthly income of $2,170
- Family Size of 2 with a monthly income of $2,838
- Family Size of 3 with a monthly income of $3,505
- Family Size of 4 with a monthly income of $4,173
- Family Size of 5 with a monthly income of $4,851
- Family Size of 6 with a monthly income of $ 5,509
- Family Size of 7 with a monthly income of $5,634
- Family Size of 8 with a monthly income of $5,759
- Family Size of 9 with a monthly income of $5,884
- Family Size of 10 with a monthly income of $6,009
If you have any questions you can reach the Claiborne Parish Police Jury Office of Community Services, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.